False Gospels versus the One True Gospel of Grace:
FALSE Gospel Teaches:
- Christ did his part now you have to do your part to be or to stay saved (most of which are mentioned below :)
- You must turn from your sin and / or stop sinning to be saved
- Living a changed life, not comitting willful sins and / or sinning less is proof of your salvation, so you may not know whether you were actually saved or not therefore you do not have assurance of your salvation
- You must surrender your life to Jesus and / or make Jesus the Lord of your life
- You must accept Jesus into your heart
- Jesus died only for the 'elect', a select and exlcusive group of people that God chose to be saved - otherwise known as 'limited atonement'. Those not chosen will not be saved
- You must be water baptized to be saved
- The ability to speak in tongues is proof of salvation
- You must repent of your sins to be saved
- The blood of Christ pays only for your past sins. You need to repent of your future sins to be saved
- You may be saved but you can be plucked from your Father's hand so your salvation may not be secure, because well.. it depends...
True Gospel Teaches:
1 Timothy 2:3-4 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved"
(Ahh, gee... Looks like God will have ALL men saved...)
- No! Once Saved ALWAYS Saved
Many false teachers will insist that they are teaching the gospel of Grace, but will subtley, slyly and oh so deceptively slip in - otherwise known as back end - something else that needs to be done by you - a work of some sort - for you to truly be saved, or to stay saved or to sure that you are saved.
DO NOT FALL FOR IT.
False gospels do not save. Only the ONE true gospel of grace saves.
The one and only requirement for salvation is faith. That you believe in Christ's finished work on the cross, that he died for your sins doing everything necessary for your salvation. There is nothing - absolutely nothing - needed from you except your faith (and your sin debt which you were born with):
Acts 16:31 - "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved"
Doesn't get any simpler than that.
The moment that you put your full faith in what Christ did for you on that cross, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit:
Ephesians 1:12-13 - "12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"
Not a single work from you needed, wanted or necessary because:
Ephesians 2:8-9 - "8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
You absolutely cannot boast about something Christ has done FOR YOU. That is sin. And only people who are not saved or who are saved but have been horribly deceived would do this.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 - "1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
NOTE: According to the scriptures. Not according to a false teacher who is adding to (or taking away from) the scriptures.
In the moment that you believed on Christ alone for your salvation you were saved. If a person fails to trust on Christ alone for his salvation, he remains in his sin, unregenerate and UN-saved. It is as simple as that.
Romans 10:9 - "9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
You can toss - repentence, possible loss of your salvation, making Jesus the Lord of your life, doubt about your assurance of salvation, the need for water baptism, tongues as required proof of salvation, which are all anti-Biblical, man-made traditions of man, works based theologies that are anti-Christ (yes you read that correctly) - out the window. In the trash bin.
You are saved by the GIFT of God's GRACE alone, by FAITH alone (believing, trusting, being persuaded something is true) in CHRIST alone.
Now, go out there and share that GOOD News with as many people as you possibly can. According to God's will and the gospel, in Christ's name let's see men and women saved!
Hi, I'm Clare!
I used to be a practicing psychic medium, mediumship teacher and new age blogger. That all changed when I was saved by grace through faith in Christ. Here is where I share the joy and freedom of the saving grace of Jesus Christ.